For over 37 years, Rosie’s Place—the first shelter for women in the nation—has been a sanctuary and a safety net for thousands of poor and homeless women and their families. Our mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment to help poor and homeless women maintain their dignity, seek opportunity and find security in their lives. Whether a woman requires food, clothing, housing, advocacy, health care, education, or employment, Rosie’s Place is there to help her.
As winter approaches—days get longer and colder for the thousands of poor and homeless women we serve each year at Rosie’s Place. The temperature drops, and the need for a hot meal, a warm coat, a place to sleep for the night and basic medical care—only rises. This winter, there are many opportunities for both individuals and organizations to support the women and work of Rosie’s Place:
- Make a monetary contribution to support the dynamic people and programs of Rosie’s Place.
- Donate clothing: winter coats (size 16 and larger), hats, scarves, mittens, new underwear, bras and socks.
- Volunteer in our Women’s Education Center or in our Friendly Visitor program.
- Lead a Food Drive to stock the shelves of our Food Pantry with nutritious, non-perishable foods.
- Donate toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion.
For more ideas and details on ways to give, please visit the Giving page of our website, at www.rosiesplace.org.
Lori LaDuke 617-442-9322
Director of Communications
889 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02118